Monday 24 June 2013

Day 32 - Fête de la Musique (Festival of Music)

After dropping Zoe off this morning, I headed straight back to bed. I needed to get napping ready for tonight. Zoe has a longer lunch on Fridays, so we had a little swim. When she went back, I sat in the sun. Such a change of weather since yesterday. When I went to pick up Zoe, I was introduced to a Swiss (?) tradition of wedding cars throwing sweets at pedestrians, when one hit me! We swam again, then whilst I was getting ready to go out, Zoe kept me company. Her dad had had a go at her about some mess she'd made, so when she started crying, I took pity on her. Luckily she likes my taste in music... I had to refuse her requests for Mika...I met Rosa, Iñaki and Evelyne at the apartment and we headed to Lausanne centre for the Fête de la Musique. I didn't really know anything about it until afterwards, but it's huge. An article I read said that 250,000 people turned up to watch 7000 performers at 500 different concerts. I had NO idea of all of this unfortunately. Rosa took us to the drum and bass van  - the music was great and we stayed until the sun went down... and longer. I wish we'd explored a bit more now, knowing that there were so many different stages.
Strangers at the back, Rosa on the left, stranger in the middle,
Evelyene on the right!
Rosa had her bag stolen which had everything in it: purse, iPhone etc. That put a bit of a downer on things, but we were pretty drunk so at the time it wasn't such a big issue. 
I don't remember the end of the night due to exhaustion and alcohol consumption. We said goodbye to Rosa who we left with some guy, then Evelyne and I got the train... Although we both fell asleep so I had to walk from Cully again. I swear it doesn't matter how much I nap, I always fall asleep on the way home on Friday nights!
Rose & me
Shock of the night: using a public toilet in Riponne, there was a bin for syringes. Foil all over the floor, was pretty grim...

No comments:

Post a Comment