Monday, 10 June 2013

Day 20 - Je m'apitoie (Feeling sorry for myself)

So I left off getting on the train in the early hours of Sunday morning. Next thing I know, I wake up and I haven't got a clue where I am. As I'm pretty drunk, I decide the best thing to do is get off at the next stop. So I walk off the platform and, for some reason, assume that I hadn't even been past Villette. So I started to walk in the direction I think is right, along the lake: I can't get lost that way right...?
I must've gone way past it, but I was drunk. I kept walking and started sobering up a bit. But I still had no idea where I was, or whether I was even going in the right direction. Eventually I saw a bus that was heading to 'Vevey' - I recognised the name of the town and had been there in the week so thought I might be able to find somewhere familiar... I fell asleep on the bus... I think I must've been on the bus a while, because I was awoken by the bus driver shouting at me in French and pointing vigorously. I just got off the bus which was luckily in Vevey. Right by the bus stop was a train station, so I got on the little train that had stopped there. What I didn't realise was the train wasn't a train at all, but a shuttle bus/cable car thing up to Mont 
Pèlerin. I didn't have a fucking clue where I was going!
I should've guessed that this 'train' wouldn't get me anywhere near
where I wanted to go...but I was drunk...
When I got to the top, I got off, thinking maybe I could get a train back to Lausanne from there... Or maybe I could just walk to Vevey... That was until I saw a sign pointing down the hill saying "Vevey-1hr" - no thanks. By this point it was about 9.30am....
I got back on the shuttle bus to go down the hill...And fell asleep again. I ended up going up and down another 2 or 3 times until an old lady woke me up. I got off again in Vevey and finally had the sense to look for the actual train station... which was about 100 metres in front of me...
I finally got to Lausanne and onto Villette and got home at 11.30... So it took me 5 and a half hours to get home, when it could've only taken me an hour and a half to walk in the first place. Maybe going out on Friday nights without a nap isn't such a good idea...
I fell asleep when I got home and woke up at about 3pm. The clouds had settled by then and I had a throat that felt like someone was scraping at it with razor blades, so I settled on the sofa watching TV all night and feeling sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment