Friday 14 June 2013

Day 25 - The Abyssinians!!

I woke up excited, I was going to see The Abyssinians today! I went to Vevey in the morning to get some nail varnish to paint my nails Rasta colours!
Rasta nails!
It was really hot again today so I didn't want to exert too much energy. Zoe and I had lunch (I nearly made her sick when I gave her rocket leaves...) and after she'd gone back to school, I spent the afternoon in the pool. Not bad this job....
After school, I made Zoe do some homework that Eta had set her yesterday and we did some work in her science workbook too. It was a fairly productive afternoon! We did some swimming too.
This morning, Valerie had said that she was going for an aperitif after work...I'd already make plans, but she said that I could take Zoe to the train platform in Villette, meet her off the train, then get on it myself. I got a text off Valerie asking if everything was ok to meet there, then when we got 3/4 of the way to the train station, I realised I had another text off Valerie saying that she'd missed her connecting train and could I take Zoe to Lausanne and meet them there. I had no credit on my phone, so I couldn't get in touch with her at all, she kept texting, asking if the plan was ok. She couldn't even ring me. I nearly turned and went home, thinking that I couldn't just take Zoe to Lausanne when Valerie didn't know what was going on! But then I realised I could top up my phone with my debit card... Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner... I finally got hold of Valerie and as I was on the phone, Zoe shouted "THE TRAIN" we very nearly missed the connecting train in Cully because the original train was late. Zoe ran as fast as she could bless her, my purse flew out of my bag at the same time. Luckily, Zoe was stood by the door of the train, holding on to the 'doors open' button. The hero!
We met Valerie in Lausanne and I made my way to the D! Club where the gig was. Steve (a couchsurfer that I met up with a couple of weeks ago) arrived at the same time as me and we went for a drink at Le Petit Central.We went back to the D! Club. When we got in there, I found Iñaki (Rosa's housemate) and some people that they both knew. They all knew each other through Couchsurfing! I never managed to catch their names though! We got inside, got a beer and not long after, The Abyssinians came on. And they were incredible. The vibe was just amazing. Reggae is just such calming, happy music to listen and sway to! There were people smoking sneaky joints all around me. I've never wanted a spliff so much in all of my life. Overpriced beer had to be my substance of choice unfortunately. The music was just brilliant, they played all of my favourite songs, I wasn't disappointed. We managed to squeeze ourselves quite close to the front too!
After the gig, the club stayed open with a DJ. We stayed for another beer and a dance. I even met one of The Abyssinians!
Steve, David Morrison(!!!) & me
I caught the replacement bus home - I had to force myself to stay awake.I didn't want a repeat performance of last Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment