Saturday, 15 June 2013

Day 26 - Saleve party!

I got a text off Rosa in the wee hours of the morning, asking if I wanted to go to a drum & bass party on a mountain, just over the border into France, so my morning was spent trying to work out how to get there... Not that I worked anything out... 
Zoe was really grumpy when she came home for lunch. Valerie was working from home today so at least I didn't have to bear the full brunt of it. She insisted she wasn't tired, but me and her mum made her go and rest. She's going to sleep over at Juliette's tonight, so she needed to get some shut-eye! She's getting quite worried about the bed-wetting situation that could occur. She's planned to wear pull ups, but she's frightened that the other kids might see them, poor thing!
After she went back to school, I was free! I took a trip to Lausanne to get some beer for tonight and some food shopping, then took a nap when I got home. Didn't want a repeat performance of the public transport debacle last week! As I was heading out of the door, I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. I didn't check it until I was on the train, but it's completely unusable, so I had no way of getting hold of Rosa when I got to her flat. I stood outside, not really knowing what to do. In the end, I stopped some people in the street and a guy let me borrow his phone to contact Rosa by Facebook. What a hero!
Rosa and I sat in her flat for a while, trying to figure out how to get to the mountain top. Public transport didn't get up there, so we had to get as close as possible. We just went on a whim. At 9.30pm, we left the house, then we got the train to Geneva. We didn't pay, so when the conductor came up the train, we pretended to be asleep. Fool proof! Once we were there, we asked loads of people how to get as close as possible. The taxi would've cost 100FR so that wasn't an option.

Rosa & Martin (The good luck charm!)
By this point, we were pretty drunk, so we didn't have a clue what was going on! While we were waiting for the tram, we went to use the toilet in a bar across the road from the station. The bouncer caught us just as we were about to walk into the bathroom and threw us out. Nightmare! We got the tram/bus (Can't really remember) and ended up in a place called St. Julians which is just over the border into France. From here, we stuck our thumb out and eventually a guy picked us up. Rosa communicated with him and I had a nap in the back of the car. He managed to get us pretty close... But not as close as we thought. We stopped a car on their way down who said that it was a half an hour walk up the hill... It was double that at least! We were just following the sounds of the music! Eventually, we made our way up a dirt track and found it! By this time it was 3am... It had taken 5 and a half hours... but we were there. There were probably about 25 people left and a couple of tents scattered around, but we danced! There was a small table set up for the DJ's and some decent speakers and lights!

We got chatting to a few people and danced with everyone, the atmosphere was really friendly! We were both absolutely shattered, but the music was great. We just danced until the sun came up, it was awesome. The mountain top was a really nice place to have it. By the time the sun had fully risen, we were both absolutely exhausted and everyone was starting to clear up. We did a runner! It was 6am when we left.... To be continued!...
DJ Rosa, when the sun had come up!

No comments:

Post a Comment