Tuesday 2 July 2013

Day 38 - Se perdre (Getting lost)

My day was uneventful yet again (I see a pattern emerging here...) Zoe was in school throughout the day on her annual fun run. I picked her up from Cully and took her to the park for a bit. Her friends arrived just as we were about to leave. I hate taking her away from her friends, especially as it seems she has problems making them. I had to lure her out of the park with ice-cream...
After Zoe had gone to bed, Rosa invited me to the flat that she's staying in for a few days,  in a place called Renens (the seedier side of Lausanne, as David referred to it.) Rosa text me the details explaining how to get to the flat. I got the correct bus (after waiting about half an hour for a  bus ride which took less than 3 minutes...) But when I got to the group of flats, I didn't know what apartment it was exactly... and my phone had died. I was tired, annoyed with myself for not charging my phone and I was carrying a load of beer which was heavy! I wasn't a happy bunny.

I caught the bus going in the opposite direction, but after 2 stops, I thought I was on the wrong bus so got off and crossed the road to catch the bus back. I didn't have a fucking clue where I was. Luckily, a guy on the bus stop could see that I was clueless. His name was Peru, from India who's doing a PHD in physics in Lausanne. He told me to get the bus with him and directed me to the metro, what a hero! I ended up getting home at about 12.15 - I wasted about 3 hours getting lost. I was shattered by the time I got home and collapsed into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment